- by Derek
Table Of Contents
- 1 Best Nitric Oxide Supplements For ED
- 2 What Is Nitric Oxide?
- 3 Nitric Oxide Vs Nitrous Oxide
- 4 Symptoms Of Low Nitric Oxide
- 5 Why Do I Have Low Nitric Oxide Levels?
- 6 What Is Erectile Dysfunction And How Common It Is?
- 7 Does Nitric Oxide Really Aid Erectile Dysfunction Management?
- 8 How To Boost Nitric Oxide Naturally
- 9 Consume Vegetables Abundant In Nitrates
- 10 Consume More Antioxidants
- 11 Avoid Using Mouthwash Too Much
- 12 Regular Physical Activity
- 13 Dietary Supplements
- 14 How To Find The Best Nitric Oxide Supplements?
- 15 Eleuthero
- 16 Pine Pollen Powder
- 17 Gotu Kola
- 18 Horny Goat Weed
- 19 Beetroot Powder
- 20 Cistanche Tubulosa
- 21 Cordyceps
- 22 Athlete Bundle
- 23 Conclusion
Best Nitric Oxide Supplements For ED
If you’re looking for the Best Nitric Oxide Supplements For ED, then you’re definitely reading the right article. Supplements of this kind have become incredibly popular lately as men use them to boost their sexual performance and address erectile problems.
Before you make the purchase, it’s practical to learn what nitric oxide is, how it works, and the best choices to consider.
Throughout this post, I’m going to explain the role and importance of nitric oxide, but also I’ll show you the most useful items found on the market today. Keep reading to learn more about this subject.
What Is Nitric Oxide?
The term “nitric oxide” (NO) is used a lot lately, and chances are high you’ve come across it tons of times while you were looking for supplements to manage your erectile struggles or enhance the athletic performance.
Did you ever wonder what nitric oxide is? Most of us don’t really pay attention to that because we know it’s good for us so that should be enough. However, that’s not enough. The more you know, the easier it gets to tackle some problem.
In the case of nitric oxide, you need to get informed in order to understand its function and learn how supplements can help. This way, you’ll get to avoid potentially dangerous products, but at the same time, you get a useful insight into how your body works to make erections (or other effects) happen.
Nitric oxide, also known as nitrogen monoxide, is technically a colourless toxic gas formed through oxidation of nitrogen. In humans, nitric oxide takes part in important chemical signalling functions and thereby has various applications in medicine.
In 1998, after researching the effects of nitric oxide throughout the 1980s, three scientists (Robert F. Furchgott, Louis J. Ignarro and Ferid Murad) won the Nobel Prize for proving that nitric oxide was a significant signalling molecule.
Interestingly, that was the first discovery after which the gas named a signalling molecule .
Nitric oxide acts as a messenger molecule that works by transmitting signals to the cells in the nervous, immune, and cardiovascular systems. Interestingly, nitric oxide contains a free radical which makes this molecule a lot more reactive compared to other signalling molecules.
This particular molecule is small in size which is why it’s able to diffuse through cell walls and membranes in order to exhibit various signalling functions throughout the body. Human body synthesizes nitric oxide from an amino acid called l-arginine.
You’ll learn more about l-arginine throughout this article. Production of nitric oxide is dependent on the availability of l-arginine and activity of various nitric oxide synthase enzymes.
The activity of these enzymes can also be affected by factors that influence the levels of nitric oxide synthase proteins and cofactors.
Nitric oxide is produced at various locations in the body, and the production process involves different enzyme isoforms as well as non-enzymatic pathways.
The main location of synthesis of nitric oxide in the body occurs in the endothelium, inner layer of blood vessels, but it is also produced by some other cells. Once formed in the endothelium, nitric oxide spreads to smooth muscle cells which then relax.
As a result, blood vessels start to dilate thus increasing blood flow and decreasing blood pressure. Thanks to its role of a vasodilator, nitric oxide participates in the regulation of blood pressure in the body.
Abnormalities in vascular nitric oxide production and transport lead to endothelial dysfunction with various cardiovascular pathologies such as high blood pressure or hypertension, atherosclerosis (buildup of plaque in blood vessels), among others.
Nerve cells or neurons also produce nitric oxide. The nervous system then uses Nitric Oxide as a neurotransmitter with a purpose to control various functions in the body such as digestion, vision, and memory. In addition, macrophages or cells of the immune system produce Nitric Oxide too.
Generally speaking, macrophages are leukocytes or white blood cells which engulf foreign bacteria and other invaders that attack the body. The role of Nitric Oxide in the immune system is to destroy those bacteria and other particles by acting on their metabolism .
Disrupted metabolism makes it difficult for those bacteria to function and their activity decreases, thus keeping you healthy.
Production of nitric oxide is also a major inherited factor of insulin sensitivity with diet-induced oxidative scavenging of nitric oxide as the first hit toward insulin resistance .
Basically, this means that the production of nitric oxide in the body (its mechanisms and the level of production) can play a role in insulin sensitivity through a genetic aspect. If parents had trouble with nitric oxide production and it impaired insulin sensitivity, chances are high the child could have the same problem too.
Even though nitric oxide is a highly significant signalling molecule, it’s still not studied enough in comparison to other molecules and compounds that are present in the human body.
In order to create novel approaches toward natural management of Erectile Dysfunction or enhancement of athletic performance, it has become crucial to carry out new studies that would elucidate all the pathways, mechanisms of action, and parts of the body involved in nitric oxide production and the role this signalling molecule plays in erectile function.
This is particularly important if we bear in mind that the number of people with Erectile Dysfunction and heart-related problems keeps going up.
Nitric Oxide Vs Nitrous Oxide
Before we continue with our discussion and best supplements to consider we need to address a common mistake that many people repeat – thinking nitric oxide and nitrous oxide are basically the same things.
Yes, their names are similar, so it’s easy to think they’re just different ways to refer to the same thing.
That’s not correct!
Nitric oxide and nitrous oxide aren’t the same things, and they even have a different formula. The formula of nitric oxide is NO, but nitrous oxide is N2O.
The similarity between nitric and nitrous oxide is that both of them are gasses. I’m confident you know what nitrous oxide is even though it probably seems unfamiliar to you now.
Check this out; nitrous oxide is the “laughing gas” which is used for sedation in dental practices and even for procedures such as vasectomy.
Nitrous oxide was discovered in 1772 by Joseph Priestly, an 18th-century English Separatist theologian, natural philosopher, chemist, educator, and liberal political theorist.
The gas was used as an anesthetic for the first time in 1844 by a dentist Horace Wells. Nowadays, nitrous oxide is also added to some energy drinks and other products.
Symptoms Of Low Nitric Oxide
Nitric oxide plays a big role in various functions occurring in our body. In order to exhibit its important effects, nitric oxide concentration has to be at its optimal level. Just like it always happens with different molecules and compounds, levels of nitric oxide can go up and down, i.e., they fluctuate.
What happens when the concentration of nitric oxide declines? Declining levels of this molecule induce a wide array of symptoms that tell you something’s wrong in your body.
These signs and symptoms include:
- Problems achieving or maintaining an erection
- Decreased athletic performance
- Thin bones
- Asthma or poor lung function
- Decreased heart function
- Reduced stamina
- Poor memory
- Lower libido
- Anxiety, depression, and irritability
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
Due to the fact that symptoms of low nitric oxide are similar to signs of many other health conditions, it’s not uncommon for people to be totally unaware of this problem.
It’s easy to assign the above-mentioned symptoms to something else. To know for sure, it’s always practical to schedule an appointment and see the doctor who will order the necessary tests in order to rule out conditions with similar symptoms and make an accurate diagnosis.
Why Do I Have Low Nitric Oxide Levels?
As seen throughout the post nitric oxide levels can decrease, and when that happens, an affected person experiences various signs and symptoms that can have a negative impact on your quality of life.
But, did you ever wonder what the causes behind low nitric oxide levels are?
In order to raise production of nitric oxide in the body, it’s pivotal to know all the factors that affect the concentration of this vasodilator. Below, you can see why nitric oxide levels in your body may decrease:
- Unhealthy Diet – as mentioned above, your body needs l-arginine in order to produce nitric oxide. You can supply the body with l-arginine through diet. The problem occurs when a man has a habit of eating an unhealthy diet. As a result, the body doesn’t receive much-needed arginine, and it’s unable to produce nitric oxide
- Ageing Process – as you age your body starts to change, and various functions slow down. This also includes the production of nitric oxide. Natural production of Nitric Oxide tends to drop as ageing progress which is why it’s crucial for ageing people to consume nitrate-rich foods
- Lack Of Exercise – if you have a sedentary lifestyle you’re at a higher risk of experiencing NO deficiency. It’s simple; no exercise – no nitric oxide. Your body needs to be active for ultimate blood flow and various functions, but when you’re lazy it doesn’t happen
- Smoking – the unhealthy habit depletes nitric oxide levels besides affecting your health in many other ways. You see, smoking constricts blood vessels thus making it difficult for the body to produce nitric oxide which is, as you already know, a vasodilator
Generally speaking, the primary cause of low nitric oxide is an unhealthy lifestyle. If you don’t eat properly, exercise regularly, or smoke you’re at a higher risk of developing this problem. Fortunately, there’s a lot you can do to improve Nitric Oxide production and get stronger erections.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction And How Common It Is?
Erectile dysfunction (ED), or impotence, is defined as the inability to achieve or maintain an erection strong enough for pleasurable sexual intercourse.
A man with Erectile Dysfunction has difficulties getting his penis hard for penetration, but even when he does the erection doesn’t stay hard and rigid enough to make sex enjoyable.
Although men have experienced erectile difficulties for centuries, it has been recognized as a common problem in the 1990s. Numbers show that the prevalence of Erectile Dysfunction among adult men is 52% meaning it’s a more common concern that most people think.
Erectile Dysfunction is increasingly prevalent with age; 40% of men at the age of 40 are affected, and prevalence increases by 10% in each decade meaning that 70% of men who are 70 or older struggle with Erectile Dysfunction. Estimates reveal that 617,715 new cases of ED have diagnosed in the US annually .
That number could be higher if we consider the fact that many men who experience erectile problems don’t see their doctor and hence don’t receive a diagnosis.
Male erection is complicated, and it involves hormones, brain pathways, blood flow. Everything starts with the arousal which signals the release of chemicals that lead to nitric oxide release that dilates blood vessels and allows blood to fill penile tissues and chambers.
As a result, you have an engorged penis or an erection that’s ready for penetration. Problems affecting each of the factors that lead to erection can contribute to Erectile Dysfunction.
Generally, causes of erectile difficulties can be categorized to physical and psychological.
Physical causes of Erectile Dysfunction include the following:
- Atherosclerosis (clogged blood vessels)
- Certain medications
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Metabolic syndrome
- Overweight and obesity
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peyronie’s disease (formation of scar tissue inside the penis)
- Sleep problems
- Substance abuse
- Surgery or injury affecting spinal cord or pelvic area
- Treatment of enlarged prostate and prostate cancer
Despite the fact that Erectile Dysfunction is a common sexual dysfunction and it’s a serious problem, it’s entirely manageable.
Men tend to think this problem doesn’t affect anyone else, not even their friends, but the reality is different. Experiencing Erectile Dysfunction doesn’t automatically indicate the end of your sex life.
You can get over this problem and have mind-blowing sex again with a proactive approach that involves lifestyle changes and intake of certain dietary supplements.
Does Nitric Oxide Really Aid Erectile Dysfunction Management?
Dietary supplements have become a popular, effective, and safe way of improving erectile function. You’ve probably come across men who used products that boost production of nitric oxide or maybe you used those supplements already.
The popularity of nitric oxide supplements for management of Erectile Dysfunction has increased lately, but it’s impossible not to wonder whether this vasodilator truly works. Is it effective or it’s just a marketing scam intended to get your money while providing bogus results?
Here’s good news; nitric oxide can indeed help you get stronger erections. A growing body of evidence confirms that nitric oxide has a well-defined function in initiating and maintaining an erection.
An erection is regulated by your sympathetic and parts of your autonomic nervous system.
Nerve stimulation propels the release of Nitric Oxide from the neuronal nitric oxide synthase which activates production of Nitric Oxide in endothelial cells. Then, nitric oxide activates an enzyme called guanylate cyclase which relaxes corporal smooth muscle through an increase of cGMP.
Studies reveal that increased blood flow to the penile area may also stimulate the production of Nitric Oxide from nitrite. Despite the fact that nitric oxide has been recognized as an important factor of erectile function there is still no agent that delivers Nitric Oxide to the body specifically .
Evidence shows that impaired bioactivity of nitric oxide is a major pathogenic mechanism of Erectile Dysfunction . What’s more, the activity of nitric oxide plays a role in both Erectile Dysfunction and ischemic heart disease which further confirms that both erectile function and cardiovascular health are strongly related .
Nitric oxide works by dilating your blood vessels to allow more blood to flow through to fill out tissues and chambers in your penis.
As you can see, positive effects of nitric oxide on the erectile function are facts, not fiction.
Now you have a firm reason to get informed about the best nitric oxide supplements in this article.
How To Boost Nitric Oxide Naturally
Okay, so we’ve already established that nitric oxide is effective for improvement of erectile function.
The question is how to improve production of nitric oxide, especially when the concentration of Nitric Oxide decreases and it manifests itself in the form of weak erections.
Is there any way to boost Nitric Oxide naturally?
Yes, there is! In fact, there are various things you can do to achieve your goal, here are a few examples.
Consume Vegetables Abundant In Nitrates
Nitrates are compounds that are found in some foods naturally, but manufacturers also add them to processed foods they make to serve as preservatives. Nitrates have the ability to turn into nitrites which then convert into nitric oxide.
It circulates from the digestive system to bloodstream. Nitrates can also function as antimicrobials  which is why they have the potential to defend the body from bacteria and other foreign invaders.
Due to their potential to turn into nitrites and then nitric oxide, it’s of huge importance to consume more nitrates in your diet or start consuming them if you haven’t done so until now.
The biggest sources of nitrates are vegetables which fit perfectly into a healthy lifestyle. The best sources of nitrates include:
- Arugula Lettuce
Regular intake of nitrate-rich vegetables, particularly beetroot, proves to be an effective manner of blood pressure regulation .
One study showed that intake of beetroot juice also improved exercise performance  which is important for your sexual function too.
It’s important to mention that nitrates from vegetables are considered safe while those from processed foods aren’t as much.
Consume More Antioxidants
Antioxidants are usually mentioned nowadays in regards to skincare and beauty products for women, but they do way more than that.
They are defined as compounds that neutralize free radicals and protect the body from oxidative stress and damage it would cause. A great way to boost nitric oxide production naturally is to consume foods that are rich in antioxidants.
Why’s that? Nitric oxide is considered an unstable molecule that degrades fast in the bloodstream meaning it needs to be replenished constantly .
Antioxidants make nitric oxide more stable, thus allowing you to experience desired results. Good news is that antioxidants are found in fruits and vegetables thereby supporting healthy and well-balanced diet.
Examples of great antioxidants include vitamins C and E, glutathione, polyphenols, and others. Studies show that ingesting Nitric Oxide precursors like Citrulline and Nitrate with antioxidants allows you to maintain higher levels of nitric oxide in the body and decreases its breakdown [12, 13].
The best sources of antioxidants include:
- Purple, red, and blue grapes
- Red berries
- Dark green vegetables
- Orange vegetables
- Green tea
- Whole grains
Avoid Using Mouthwash Too Much
You use mouthwash every day, especially at night before bedtime. After all, rinsing your mouth with a bottle of mouthwash is a part of regular oral hygiene, and you don’t find anything wrong with it.
Well, in order to increase production of nitric oxide naturally you may want to think about avoiding using mouthwash too much. The reason is simple, and mouthwash products are specifically created to destroy bacteria in the mouth.
In some cases, their effects are counterproductive as mouthwash has the potential to contribute to the growth of dental diseases such as cavities.
Not only does mouthwash destroy bad bacteria, but also kills good bacteria in your body and dries out your mouth. Among these good bacteria are those that participate in the production of nitric oxide.
What’s the problem here?
A balance of good and bad bacteria is vital for the optimal functioning of your body. Plus, humans are unable to produce Nitric Oxide from nitrate without the presence of good bacteria .
The harmful impact of mouthwash on the production of Nitric Oxide can take part in the development of diabetes. As you’re already aware, diabetes occurs when the body develops insulin resistance, or it doesn’t produce enough insulin.
Without insulin, cells are unable to allow glucose to enter. Although this may seem like an odd thing to suggest, limiting the use of mouthwash can do more good than harm for your overall health including the erectile function of course.
Bear in mind that the intention of this section isn’t to discourage you from organizing meetings and conferences, but to point to the potentially negative effects you can expect with excessive use of mouthwash. As you decrease the use of mouthwash, the concentration of nitric oxide will start to increase.
You can also consider the ancient practice of oil pulling instead of using a mouthwash. Simply swish and swirl around extra virgin coconut oil in your mouth for 2 minutes daily and nightly for good oral hygiene.
Regular Physical Activity
Nowadays, most people watch way too much TV and eat unhealthy foods that make them gain weight and jeopardize their health. It seems easier and more convenient to stay home and do nothing rather than participate in some physical activity.
A sedentary lifestyle is a major contributor to a wide array of health conditions which is why it’s vital to be proactive and change that.
Taking part in some type of physical therapy can also be an amazing way to boost the production of nitric oxide in the body.
This happens because exercise improves endothelial function. Impaired production of nitric oxide can lead to dysfunction of the endothelium  and thereby contribute to high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, among others.
Through an increased natural ability to produce nitric oxide the exercise keeps endothelial cells and blood vessels healthy.
Exercise also takes part in weight management which happens to be crucial for erectile function. If you’re overweight, regular physical activity will allow you to manage weight more successfully in order to improve strength and hardness of your penis.
Ideally, a combination of aerobic and strength training would be ideal.
Dietary supplements deliver a specific nutrient, compound, or more of them to users who take them in order to support our overall health.
Even despite all the efforts to consume a well-balanced diet most of us struggle to consume required daily amounts of each vitamin, mineral, and other nutrients.
Supplementation seems like a logical step, particularly if it also involves compounds or ingredients that are difficult to find and obtain.
For a great deal of men, dietary supplements intake is the best move they can perform, and they’re not afraid to admit it. That’s because they’re available everywhere and easy to use.
The use of supplements should be a part of a major lifestyle change, and it’s not compensation or replacement for walking, jogging, and what not.
Dietary supplements are meant to be an inseparable part of a healthy lifestyle, not something you should use just because you’re bored.
When it comes to dietary supplements for nitric oxide production, it’s not uncommon for people to believe that the products really do deliver nitric oxide.
That would be impossible! As mentioned throughout the post, nitric oxide is gas so the capsules and powders can’t really deliver it. Instead, these supplements work by delivering various compounds that work to enhance the production of nitric oxide in the body.
Some of these compounds include:
- L-Arginine – a conditionally essential amino acid that directly produces nitric oxide through the l-arginine-NO pathway. L-arginine is effective in the management of Erectile Dysfunction, especially when used in combination with other natural ingredients 
- L-Citrulline – a dispensable amino acid, occurs as a byproduct of conversion of l-Arginine into nitric oxide. Probably the most interesting thing about Citrulline is that it can be recycled back to l-arginine and used to improve production of Nitric Oxide in a natural way. L-Citrulline is a mild, effective, and convenient management method of Erectile Dysfunction, but it also promotes blood flow, enhances exercise performance, and lowers blood pressure 
In order to achieve positive results, you need to take the supplements regularly and follow the dosage instructions provided on the table.
You’ll learn more about nitric oxide and the best supplements to boost its production in the article below.
How To Find The Best Nitric Oxide Supplements?
Let’s say you want to buy a supplement that supports nitric oxide production. You either go to the drugstore or look the products up online. Regardless of the preferred shopping method you face the same problem – there’s a whole bunch of supplements so which one to choose.
You can’t get the first product you see, and the process requires some time to think and thorough consideration.
The goal is not only to boost nitric oxide production for stronger erections but also to get the best quality for your money without having to spend a fortune.
Of course, you want to achieve a stronger erection and other positive results without side effects. Before we move on to list the best nitric oxide supplements for ED, here’s the basic rundown of all the things you need to consider before deciding what product to buy:
- The Reputation Of The Manufacturer – it seems like a new dietary supplement brand pops up every day, like mushrooms after rain. Not all brands are equal, and you’re aware of that. Some manufacturers prioritize quality and work hard to deliver truly effective products to their customers, but others do not, and their primary motive is profit or bust. Since your goal is to buy a safe and effective supplement then taking some time to consider the reputation of a manufacturer is a good strategy to go by.
- Browse online to see whether the brand has been involved in fraudulent activities or if someone complained about the efficacy and safety of their products. The chance of having a positive experience with a product increases with the right brand choice
- Ingredient Sourcing – this is the factor that most people overlook, but it’s vital for a positive experience with dietary supplements. If you think about it, sourcing of an ingredient is a crucial subject to take into consideration. You need to know from where the plants, herbs, or other compounds were obtained. Reliable manufacturers explain how they sourced the herb or plant, some of them even grow them on their own. Those questionable brands don’t reveal a single detail about this subject
- Formula – of course, the formula is the most important thing about the product. You want to buy a supplement that will work and help you achieve certain goals, and that’s why you need to pay attention to the formula or ingredients listed on the label. We are inclined to ignore ingredients because we think they’re difficult to understand but the reality is entirely different. A simple Google search can tell you a lot about the efficacy of some ingredients, especially if you open a post that is evidence-based. The goal is to go for supplements and other natural products that contain ingredients whose benefits for Nitric Oxide production are well-documented in scholarly articles and studies. The more powerful the formula, the better results
- Money Back Guarantee – as a customer who pays for the product and trusts it will work, you need to have some sort of protection. As a form of satisfaction guarantee and the sign they have faith in the product, some brands offer a money back guarantee which allows customers to return the product for a full refund within a certain timeframe. Money back guarantee is the protection you need as a customer, but also a sign that the brand cares about customers and stands its ground firmly in terms of quality
- User Experiences – results vary from one person to another, and experiences are subjective and yet there’s a lot we can learn from user reviews and testimonials. For instance, user reviews are a good source of information you need about dealing with some brand. You have a detailed insight into the way they handle customers, how they solve potentially negative scenarios, but also you learn about the product itself. While results are subjective to an individual, it’s easy to notice some patterns. Some products are effective for most or all people while others are slammed by hundreds or thousands of customer for their ineffectiveness
- Information On The Website – it may seem odd that information on the website is something worth considering when buying a dietary supplement, but it’s vital. Some brands have a poorly constructed website that doesn’t reveal absolutely anything about the product itself. How can a customer determine whether they’ll want to buy the product if they’re unable to learn something about it? Reliable brands tend to provide an in-depth insight into the product and its ingredients, brand itself, and everything else you need to know
- Claims – we’ve all come across products with miraculous claims and promises displayed on the label or on the website. Yet, at the same time brands don’t provide any sort of evidence to support those claims. That’s a sign that the product is unreliable and those outrageous descriptions are just compensation for the lack of quality. On the flip side, you have reliable brands that make realistic promises and support their claims with firm and concrete evidence. It’s perfectly clear what’s the preferred option here
At first glance, it may seem like a brand that meets all the above-mentioned criteria is nonexistent, but that would be false. Believe it or not, it’s entirely possible to find a reliable manufacturer whose products can help you and deliver what they promised.
Lost Empire Herbs, a family-owned US-based company, is one of those brands. Owned by three brothers, Lost Empire Herbs is all about using plants, herbs, and other compounds that have been a part of traditional medicine practices across the world in their products.
They want to help their users achieve desired results in the gym, bedroom, or life in general in an entirely natural and safe manner.
The best thing about the brand is a highly informative website with a thorough explanation about each product or ingredient, and their claims are supported with firm evidence.
Now that you know how to find the ideal supplement, you’re ready to learn more about the best nitric oxide supplements that will help you manage ED and so much more.
Have you ever heard of eleuthero? The name of this plant may seem weird and unfamiliar, but its activity is outstanding. Unfortunately, like many other herbs eleuthero is largely overlooked and it’s time to change that.
Also called Siberian ginseng, eleuthero is a species of small, woody shrubs from the Araliaceae family native to the area of Northeastern Asia, i.e., China, Korea, and Russia. The herb, similarly to other plants from that area had a special role in traditional Chinese medicine.
A growing body of evidence confirms that supplementation with eleuthero supports nitric oxide production . Thanks to higher nitric oxide levels your blood flow improves and allows you to have stronger and more rigid erections.
However, these aren’t the only benefits of eleuthero, others are:
- Immune system boost through increased production of immune cells and by promoting natural detoxification processes in the liver
- Relieve inflammation and aids management of health conditions that are associated with inflammation. Interestingly, inflammation is also associated with ED . Through anti-inflammatory effects, eleuthero supports your health but also shows support to your sexual health
- Shows promise in improving cancer outcomes by slowing the progression of cancer and strengthening the immune system
- Protects us from viruses
- Enhances athletic performance by prolonging endurance time, increasing heart rate, and decreasing glucose levels in the blood 
- Has the potential to reduce both physical and mental stress because it functions as an adaptogen. The adaptogen is a term which refers to your ability to manage stress more effectively
- Supports diabetes management
- Sharpens memory
The above-mentioned health benefits only confirm that eleuthero is a truly remarkable herb. The best way to experience is to get them from a reliable brand.
Lost Empire Herbs released their own eleuthero supplement specifically for athletes, active men, and women, but also for those who are looking for a natural way to manage the quality of their erections.
The recommended dosage is between one and two teaspoons a day, but one packaging contains about 45 teaspoons.
Pine Pollen Powder
The world of dietary supplements is diverse, yet we wouldn’t notice at first glance because most brands and products focus on equal ingredients. For centuries people have been used everything they could find in order to treat some health problem, injury, you name it.
However, the supplement industry is too limited which explains why men have never heard of some truly powerful ingredients such as pine pollen.
Pine pollen is obtained from the pine tree which is an evergreen coniferous tree indicated by clusters of long, needle-shaped leaves. Pine trees tend to live long up to 1000 years, but the oldest pine tree in the world is 4600 years old, and it is located in California.
Most trees contain both male and female cones, but the pollen comes from male only. Pine pollen is brownish or yellowish in color. Once obtained, pine pollen is sundried and inspected for impurities.
The incredible health potential of pine pollen comes down to phytoandrogens, i.e., the plant version of male hormones testosterone, epitestosterone, and androstenedione .
The supplement contains more than 200 compounds, 15 different vitamins, 20 amino acids (including nine essential amino acids), over 100 enzymes and coenzymes, and 30 micro and macro minerals.
Such a highly nutritious supplement can only provide a plethora of health benefits.
Pine pollen also delivers l-arginine to the body. Regular supplementation with the pine pollen supports proper blood flow, increases production of nitric oxide, and it also leads to stronger erections.
Pine pollen supports testosterone production which is why higher libido, stronger erections, and better overall health are the effects that all users report. Other benefits of pine pollen include:
- Slows down the ageing process
- Stronger immune system
- Brain health
- Skin and hair health
- Analgesia (pain relief)
- Liver cleansing, and others
Pine pollen supplements can come in the form of capsules, powder, and tincture. The powder is pressed through a low temperature and high-speed airflow sporoderm-breaking technology that increases the bioavailability of the ingredient in our body.
With regular intake of pine pollen, you’ll not only improve nitric oxide production but also take your overall health and sexual health and function to a whole new level.
As far as doses are concerned, they usually go like this:
- Capsules: 3 capsules, two times a day (megadosing 11-12 capsules a day)
- Powder: ½ to 1 tsp a day (megadosing: 1 ½ to 3 tbsp a day)
- Tincture: one dropperful
Gotu kola is yet another unfamiliar name among the best nitric oxide supplements, but after you read this description, you’ll want to use it on a regular basis. Centella Asiatica or Gotu kola is a perennial plant in the Apiaceae family.
Native to the wetlands of Asia, the plant is primarily used for medicinal properties. Gotu kola is indigenous to the India subcontinent, but it’s also found in Southeast Asia and some wetland areas of the Southeastern United States.
More studies are needed to assess the efficacy of gotu kola, but current evidence is promising. For example, one study found that gotu kola can be a useful agent for the management of varicose veins due to a positive metabolic effect on the connective tissue of the vascular wall . Basically, supplementation with Gotu kola can improve endothelial function which is important for nitric oxide production.
Improved blood flow after Gotu kola supplementation enhances your athletic capacity, but it also proves to be useful between the sheets.
Besides improved blood flow, Gotu kola can exhibit the following effects:
- Improved cognitive function
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Acts as an antidepressant
- Reduces swelling
- Helps ease insomnia
- Promotes wound healing
- Helps alleviate joint pain
- Promotes detox
- Helps manage stomach ulcers and the size of ulcers
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Stronger erections 
As you can see, gotu kola has a tremendous potential to improve your health in more ways than one. Regular supplementation with Gotu kola is also a great way to support hormonal balance and erectile function.
When it comes to reliable products, Lost Empire Herbs sources their Gotu kola from the same provider that sends shilajit and bacopa. The supplement is certified organic. The recommended dosage is ¼ tsp or 700mg a day.
In order to get the maximum results, you need to be consistent, and you may also want to combine it with bacopa, Rhodiola, and a lion’s mane.
Gotu kola is generally considered safe for overall consumption, but if you have allergies, you may want to consider asking your doctor first.
Horny Goat Weed
Horny goat weed is one of the most widely used supplements for sexual function, so it comes as no wonder it’s present on the list of best nitric oxide supplements for ED too.
Epimedium, or horny goat weed, is a member of the Berberidaceae family which contains more than 700 identified species including trees, shrubs, and perennial herbaceous plants. The plant is native to China where it was used in traditional medicine for many centuries, and it extends to this day.
In addition to China, the plant is also found in some areas of the Mediterranean and Asia.
The most popular use of horny goat weed is to address Erectile Dysfunction, and the plant does it successfully. The mechanism of action through which horny goat weed improves erectile function is the same process it uses to raise nitric oxide levels in your body.
A short explanation would be that horny goat weed functions as Viagra, i.e., it works as a PDE5 inhibitor, but you need more than that.
Epimedium works thanks to its active compound called icariin which inhibits the activity of PDE5 that would otherwise block dilation of blood vessels in the penile area.
In turn, the blood flows through to fill out the penile tissues and chambers which results in an erection. Even studies show that treatment with horny goat weed improves erectile function .
In other words, horny goat weed can raise levels of nitric oxide by inhibiting the enzyme that prevents blood vessels from dilating properly.
In order to achieve these effects, you need to follow dosage instructions. Lost Empire Herbs recommends about one teaspoon about 30 to 60 minutes before the intercourse.
What makes horny goat weed particularly convenient is that, unlike Viagra, it works to fix the root cause of the problem rather than masking the symptoms only.
Other benefits of horny goat weed include the following:
- Boosts sex drive
- Enhances cognitive function
- Neuroprotective effects
- Acts as an antidepressants
- Lowers stress
- Stimulates bone growth and repair
- Promotes heart health
- Stimulates formation of blood vessels
- Immunoprotective and anti-inflammatory effects
- Combats fatigue
- Helps you last longer in bed
If you don’t have a habit of eating beetroot or drinking beet juice, now you have a wonderful chance to start. You see beetroot powder that can help you make a delicious juice also happens to be one of the best things to use for improved nitric oxide production.
Beets are bulbous sweet root vegetables that have a lovely color. People have a love-hate relationship with beets.
Some people love the vegetable and eat it or make juice all the time while others hate and can’t stand it.
Above in the article, I’ve already mentioned that beets are abundant in nitrates which means they have an amazing potential to boost nitric oxide production directly.
A meta-analysis of 16 studies found that inorganic nitrate and beetroot juice supplementation was strongly associated with a significant reduction in systolic blood pressure .
Beets supply your body with nitrates whose benefits go beyond blood pressure management, and they also extend to the quality of your erections. As a vasodilator, nitric oxide helps maintain pressure in the corpus cavernosum to sustain an erection .
Other benefits of beetroot juice powder are:
- Boosts physical performance by increasing plasma nitrate levels
- Improves muscle power in people with heart failure
- Could slow progression of dementia
- Promotes weight management
- Anti-cancer effects
- Abundant in vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper, etc.
- Supports liver health
- Could reduce cholesterol levels
The primary idea behind the beet juice in powder form is to allow users to have to their juice ready almost instantly, without having to wait for too long or make a mess in the kitchen.
The powder is 100% organic, cold-pressed beet juice powder that also happens to be very delicious. Beets used by this brand were grown in the United States, and the brand recommends taking one tablespoon with water.
All you have to do is to add a tablespoon to water or any other liquid and stir gently.
Cistanche tubulosa is a genus of holoparasitic desert plants that lack chlorophyll and obtain their nutrients and water from other plants. At first glance, it may seem like cistanche is not a big deal or that it doesn’t really bear any significance, but it’s one of the safest herbal remedies for Erectile Dysfunction you can find.
The primary use of cistanche tubulosa is to strengthen performance in the bedroom, manage impotence, and increase fertility. In fact, cistanche is used in products for both men and women due to its potential to exhibit positive effects on both.
A growing body of evidence confirms that supplementation with cistanche has a strong impact on the quality of erections .
Regular intake of cistanche tubulosa stimulates the production of nitric oxide which leads to stronger erections but also improves athletic performance. Other benefits of cistanche include:
- Anti-fatigue effects
- Antioxidant properties
- Bone formation
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Immunomodulatory properties
- Lowered cognitive deficits
- Hormone regulation
- Improved memory
Lost Empire Herbs uses cistanche that is grown organically on the Tibetan plateau. How amazing is that? Recommended intake is one to two grams or ½ to one teaspoon a day.
You can take a powder on its own or mix it with water or some other kind of beverage.
We tend to trust products that are used by athletes because they train hard every day. Their hard work is followed by important results in their sports, so it’s easy to consider the products they use better than others.
Cordyceps is one of those products. Athletes use it for a good reason, though. Cordyceps is, basically, a parasitic fungus that includes more than 400 different species found around the globe. The fungus is mainly found in areas of Nepal, China, Bhutan, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, and Korea.
Don’t let the term “fungus” fool you, and Cordyceps is incredibly powerful which is why it’s on our list of the best supplements for nitric oxide production. Studies confirm that cordyceps promotes synthesis of nitric oxide which also explains why it’s so beneficial for memory and cognitive functions too .
Just like your penis, heart, and muscles, the brain also needs proper blood flow in order to work adequately, make connections, and what not. Of course, it’s needless to mention that nitric oxide levels and improved athletic performance are pivotal for your erections.
Don’t wait; get your supplement today and start working on the problem that can be fixed easily.
Cordyceps also exhibits immunomodulatory, DNA protective effects, and it also helps men increase sperm quality and quantity. This is of huge benefit for couples who are trying to conceive.
Higher energy levels, increased strength, type 2 diabetes management, heart health anti-inflammatory, are also some of the many functions of cordyceps.
Lost Empire Herbs sources cordyceps that is organically grown in the state of the art facility in China. In order to get the maximum out of this supplement, it’s strongly recommended to take ¼ to ½ teaspoon or 500mg to 1000mg a day.
The use of dietary supplements keeps increasing due to the fact they allow users to supply their body with nutrients they can’t get enough through diet alone.
Manufacturers create supplements for different purposes ranging from menopause products for women to items formulated to improve joint health, heart health, liver health, testosterone production, erectile function, and what not.
Active men use supplements to enhance their athletic performance for better results in the gym, but also for greater power between the sheets.
Getting one product only isn’t always enough because different ingredients exhibit their own effects that other compounds can’t. That’s why you need multiple items that work toward the same goal.
This explains why brands focus on the release of bundles that contain different products all of which can help you do better in the gym, bedroom, wherever. One such bundle is the Super Athlete Bundle made by Lost Empire Herbs.
The Super Athlete Bundle contains four different products that work together to increase stamina, endurance, recovery time, and blood flow.
All these factors are not only vital for optimal athletic performance, but they’re also significant for sexual function. The bundle contains the following products:
- Hercules Pre-Workout Formula – the product is, basically, a combination of six herbs that improve athletic performance through multiple mechanisms. These six herbs include:
- Black Ant – contains an absorbable ATP to fuel the cells directly, delivers usable energy for the workout session
- Cistanche – the most powerful ingredient in the formula, promotes nitric oxide production, decreases fatigue
- Cordyceps Mushrooms – address weakness and fatigue, boosts energy, acts as a rejuvenator
- Maral Root – adaptogen that allows the body to improve stamina and endurance, but also to support proper recovery times
- Rhodiola Rosea – successfully manages stress-induced fatigue and promotes recovery from both physical and mental work
- Shilajit – acts directly on mitochondria in the cells and allows them to increase energy production. The tar-like substance also supplies the body with 85 minerals all of which are important for your health
- Organic Beet Juice Powder – promotes healthy blood pressure, supports adequate endothelial function, promotes healthy blood flow, and supplies the body with antioxidants that fight free radicals and protect you from oxidative stress.
The powder is excellent for preparation of smoothies and other pre- or post-workout beverages. Plus, it has a great taste meaning it’s one of those products that you won’t hate to drink.
What makes Organic Beet Juice Powder from Lost Empire Herbs stand out is that it doesn’t contain any additional Nitric Oxide promoting compounds. Many brands add various substances, but this can only have counterproductive effects.
Product made by Lost Empire Herbs is natural, without any additional ingredients, and it helps the body produce just enough Nitric Oxide it needs for optimal function
- Spartan Adaptogenic Formula – specifically created to increase physical and mental capacity in order to help you avoid burnout. As you can conclude by the term “adaptogenic,” the product works to improve the body’s response to stress, to make you more resilient, and avoid increasing cortisol levels which would impair testosterone, productivity, athletic performance, erectile function, and you name it. The formula contains ingredients such as eleuthero, Rhodiola, Cordyceps, and Schisandra
- Gynostemma Tea – immortality herb, exhibits ginseng-like effects. Of course, it doesn’t mean that the intake of gynostemma will truly make someone immortal, but it can help you live longer by supporting healthy insulin production, exhibiting adaptogenic effects, and boosting energy levels. It also functions as a powerful antioxidant, and it aids in the modulation of serotonin and dopamine neurotransmitters. Regular intake of gynostemma increases athletic capacity. One cup of the tea before the workout is a recommended dosage
In other words, this amazing bundle supports your athletic performance in different ways but all of which are equally important for optimal results.
Regular consumption of the four supplements from the bundle boosts energy production, supports optimal blood flow, provides nourishment at the cellular level, decreases fatigue, increases endurance and stamina, and it speeds up recovery time.
The best way to take the bundle as a pre-workout supplement is to mix Hercules and Beet with Gynostemma. For a post-workout purpose, you may want to combine Gynostemma and Spartan formula.
Not only they support nitric oxide supplements for great results in the gym, but we can also consider this bundle as one of the best nitric oxide supplements for ED thanks to the improved blood flow and an amazing endurance you’ll experience.
Plus, all the amazing results you’ll achieve in the gym can only make you more confidence. Newfound confidence can also help you have a better erectile function because negative body image and low self-esteem are major factors of weak erections.
At the same time, results achieved in the gym can make you healthier and more energetic both of which are important factors for strong erections.
Finally, we can conclude that increasing nitric oxide levels is both a safe and effective way of improving erectile strength and function. Options to boost nitric oxide concentration are numerous, and regular intake of dietary supplements is one of them.
The article presented the best products of this kind that are available on the market today. Remember, always pay attention to the quality of product and reputation of the manufacturer that made it.
Now that you know how to boost nitric oxide, you’re ready to start putting these words into action. Good luck.